Monday, August 01, 2005

 

The Mormon god's rationale for killing Laban

In the Book of Mormon, we read the following:

And it came to pass that I was constrained by the Spirit that I should kill Laban; but I said in my heart: Never at any time have I shed the blood of man. And I shrunk and would that I might not slay him.

And the Spirit said unto me again: Behold the Lord hath delivered him into thy hands. Yea, and I also knew that he had sought to take away mine own life; yea, and he would not hearken unto the commandments of the Lord; and he also had taken away our property.

And it came to pass that the Spirit said unto me again: Slay him, for the Lord hath delivered him into thy hands;

Behold the Lord slayeth the wicked to bring forth his righteous purposes. It is better that one man should perish than that a nation should dwindle and perish in unbelief
(1 Nephi 4.10-13).

It would seem that the Mormon god is also the god of Jesus' enemies, for in the New Testament we read:

Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not
(John 11:50).

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com