Friday, June 23, 2006

 

Schizophrenia and a Good God

I saw a post about schizophrenia and the Good God over at "Debunking Christianity," and had intended to respond there, until I noticed my ex-girlfriend had posted to the thread. (I try to avoid posting to the same threads as her, for fear the thread in question might a-splode; I have seen her posting on at least two blogs on my perduto il ben de l'intelletto list, so I need to be adroit.)

Anyway, I was going to say that as an obsessive-compulsive, I also suffer from ego dystonic thoughts, although an important difference is that I realize the thoughts are a product of my mind (intrinsic) as opposed to schizophrenics who believe they are extrinsic.

In any event, I do not believe mental illness constitutes proof or evidence against the Good God. One of the commenters to the thread in question mentioned the concept of “natural evil,” and that is how I would characterize mental illness.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com