Saturday, February 10, 2007

 

Rick Moran writes what I have been thinking

Rick Moran of Rightwing Nuthouse wrote:

This brings up a point that has puzzled me since the entire imbroglio
began; how can you “smear” someone with their own words?


My thoughts exactly. On her blog, Lindsay Beyerstein, who is more reasonable than her friend Amanda Marcotte, nevertheless attempted to defend Amanda Marcotte's histrionics concerning New Orleans by suggesting Amanda was in the thick of things, helping the refugees.

However, Austin, where Amanda Marcotte resided at the time, is over 500 miles distant from New Orleans. Consequently, I have some trouble accepting the image of Amanda Marcotte as Texas' own Florence Nightingale. (If, by contrast, Amanda had lived in Houston, I might harbor less incredulity.)

Labels:


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com